- 07:45 – 08:30 | Breakfast
- 08:30 – 08:50 | Welcome to CMAP!
- 08:50 – 10:20 | Key Questions: Electrides – Clathrates – Superconductors
- 10:20 – 10:35 | Break
- 10:35 – 12:35 | Key Questions: Pathways to Progress in Planetary and Stellar Physics
- 12:35 – 14:00 | Lunch
- 13:05 – 14:00 | Poster Session
- 14:00 – 14:10 | Group Photo
- 14:10 – 15:25 | Key Questions: Missing Capabilities
- 15:25 – 15:40 | Break
- 15:40 – 16:55 | Bridging Scales from Experiments to Nature
- 16:55 – 17:00 | Closing Remarks
On May 24–25, 2023, the Center for Matter at Atomic Pressures (CMAP) convened its second annual meeting at the University of Rochester River Campus in Rochester, New York. The meeting will bring together faculty, scientists, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students with sessions designed around the major research areas, education and outreach, and evaluation. This meeting is offered by invitation only.
There is no registration fee to attend the meeting. Meals will be provided.
Registrants, or their home institutions, are expected to cover travel expenses (including ground transportation), accommodations and incidentals.
Greater Rochester International Airport
Service is available through eight airlines: Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit, and United.
Driving Directions to the University of Rochester River Campus
Frederick Douglass Commons Building
500 Wilson Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14627
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Rochester, Rochester/University Area
797 E Henrietta Road, Rochester, New York 14623
Staybridge Suites Rochester University – Reserve a room under the UR discounted rate
You will need to enter in the dates but the discount code should automatically populate.
1000 Genesee Street, Rochester, NY 14611
UR Discounted Rate: 12%
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
30 Celebration Dr, Rochester, NY 14620
The meeting took place May 24–25, 2023 in the Feldman Ballroom (second floor) of the Douglass Commons Building at the University of Rochester River Campus in Rochester, New York.
View the agenda by clicking the + icons to the right. Check back regularly for updated details.
All meals will be provided.
Parking is available in Library Lot. If you requested a parking pass upon registration, you will receive a code for the gate.
Ground transportation drop off point: Back of Rush Rhees Library on Library Road. Walk to the Douglass Commons Building.
The Strong Museum – Museum of Play
One Manhattan Square
Rochester, NY 14607
Park in garage off Howell St.
- 18:15 – 21:15 | Dinner | Toy Halls of Fame (2nd floor)
- 08:15 – 09:00 | Breakfast
- 09:00 – 09:15 | Opening Remarks
- 09:15 – 10:45 | Key Questions: Atoms, Photons, Time, and Extreme Fields
- 10:45 – 11:00 | Break
- 11:00 – 12:30 | Key Questions: Towards keV Chemistry or Transport
- 12:30 – 13:30 | Lunch
- 13:00 – 13:30 | Poster Session
- 13:30 – 15:00 | Key Questions: Hydrogen
- 15:00 – 15:15 | Break
- 15:15 – 15:40 | Outreach and Education Outreach
- 15:40 – 16:10 | Discussion
- 16:10 – 16:20 | Closing Remarks
- 16:45 – 17:45 | Optional Tour of the Laboratory for Laser Energetics, 250 East River Road, Rochester, NY 14623
- Park in the LLE lot near the West Entrance (flag pole / right side of the building when facing it). Go to entrance and ring buzzer. Tell reception you are there for the CMAP tour.